A new interesting brain yoga training exercise has been developed, which according to it’s developer can enhance ones brain function and fitness. It’s called Power Brain Yoga and is being used by doctors and teachers alike to improve children’s thinking and mental abilities and functions. There is improvement in grades and increase in mental focus of children who are practicing Power Brain Yoga. Power Brain Yoga is essentially a form of acupressure and breathing technique used to balance both hemispheres of the brain and bring energy up to the brain and increase the synchronization between both the lobes. The exercise is easy to learn, takes only a few minutes to do and can be done by any child.
Power brain Yoga pilot study conducted by doctors with children of 5-to-9 years of age reported the following subjective results:
- The children are more focused and ready to work.
- The children are displaying improved emotional states.
- The child displaying bizarre behaviors appears to have a normal behavior.
- The memory and retention of new information appears to have improved.
- The entire dynamic of the class has improved dramatically.
Children who have been practicing Power Brain Yoga for a while now have reported improved mental clarity, focus and a feeling of calmness after each exercise session. It works really great if children do it first thing in the morning, apart from that doing it anytime can provide a quick boost of energy.
Major exercises can be learned from various sources such as videos or books but a few important points to remember when practicing Power Brain Yoga are as follows:
- Connect your tongue to your palate.
- Face East
- The left arm must be inside and the right arm must be outside (over the left arm).
- Inhale while squatting down and exhale while standing up.
- You thumbs should be touching the front part of your earlobes, index fingers behind the earlobes.
- Perform the exercise 14-21 times, once or twice a day.
If done regularly, this technique will definitely show positive response on children and will help them in all possible ways.